Packing Apartment Before Moving: Several Tips on How to Ease That Process
Is the move becoming a real test for your psyche? Does packing seem like a daunting task? Let’s look at the moving and packing process from a different angle.
If from the very beginning you approach the issue of packing all things in the apartment correctly, the problem will turn out to be trifling. And our moving and packing tips will help you with thIs!
Packing and Planning Strategies to Use While Relocating
Let’s start with the theory. What problems can arise during packaging? Most of all, when you move, you are afraid that you will lose something. Be sure that will surely happen if you break the order of packing things, namely, if you start collecting everything in a chaotic mode, without any logic. Therefore, the first and the most important problem when packing things is the lack of consistency. When people start throwing everything into boxes indiscriminately it leads to chaos. Needless to say, parsing things in a new apartment will become a real challenge in that case. That’s why our first moving and packing advice sounds like “create a packing list/checklist to make the process logical”.
The next step is to develop a strategy. And here you can use two approaches in moving and packing tips and tricks.
№1 – Pack your belongings, moving from room to room, from premise to premise. In this case, the boxes will contain things from one room, and you can easily find the right set of furniture and belongings for a particular room for their purpose.
№2 – Stick to packing rules from small to large items. First, pack small things and items in moving and packing boxes. Make a separate package for your valuables and keep them with you.
Both strategies have their merits, and you can choose either of them or use both. But in any case, you need a packing checklist to mark everything that you plan to pack and transport.
How to Protect Your Furniture When Moving?
Do you know how much it means to find the right packaging for different types of items you want to move? Clothes and furniture, glass items, and tableware should be packed separately using different packing materials. We will give useful moving and packing tips for choosing the right packaging for different types of items.
- Bubble packing suits everything glass, fragile and breakable, for example for moving and packing dishes.
- Stretch transparent film will be useful for any items to protect them from dust that is especially important if you are moving in khamsin periods.
- Cardboard boxes are indispensable for personal belongings, clothes, shoes, dishes; They can also be used in combination with plastic wrap for moving and packing supplies.
- String or clothesline will be a godsend when you want to tie a stack of books, boxes of shoes. In addition, moving and packing books can also be done in cardboard boxes so as not to damage them during transportation.
- Large bags (plastic, canvas, paper) – for clothes, blankets, blankets, curtains, and other textiles.
- Cardboard sheets of extra-large size will help you to pack furniture. Just use them as moving and packing wrap for furniture parts to keep them safe from scratches and chips.
In addition, markers will be useful to you because it will not be easy to guess what exactly is in this or that box after the move. Be sure to sign in a prominent place what type of items are packed in each box. Besides, you can include a moving and packing checklist in each box, which will contain a complete list of packed items.
Several Pros of the Use of Professional Movers and Packers Services
And if you want to further simplify the task of packing your apartment when you move, use the services of professional movers and packers. In this case, your task will be limited to packing control and checking whether your moving and packing helpers have forgotten something important. Why are the services of moving and packing companies worthy of your attention?
- First of all, moving and packing services are often included in the package of moving services, and you do not pay for them separately.
- Professionals know special moving and packing hacks that allow them to handle even an impressive amount of things quickly.
- You can be sure that all things are packed and loaded safely, they will remain safe and sound during transportation.
- Besides, the pros will help not only in moving and packing but also in unpacking things. This will save you even more time. You will arrive at the apartment that is already ready for living, and all you have to do is arrange small items and decor in their places, hang clothes on closer racks, and put things in order in the kitchen. By the way, in many moving companies, besides unpacking, specialists offer additional services, for example, cleaning an apartment after unpacking things. And, of course, responsible movers will always take away any packaging leftovers after them.
Professional movers also provide all the necessary moving boxes and packing paper, so you don’t have to order packing separately. You will surely appreciate the quality and speed of packing things when moving from professional movers from the Michael and Boris company. Contact us, we will think over a strategy and pack your things in the best way.
When it comes to moving, for many, the most important moment is time, and packing things slows down the process the most, taking several days. Movers will pack and transport your things in one day: even from scratch, because they are not just movers, but a team of professionals who know everything about packing things and have carried out more than one urgent move!